Better Breakfast, Better You


What better choices am I making this year? Well, I've done the new year's resolution too many times to count. Two years ago I made the change for good and I have lived those words everyday since. See that post here. Once you are happy with the person you are inside the rest just falls into place. I learned to set a good example for my kids and finally I lose weight healthy and for good. This year, my number one goal is to mellow out a bit. Because I truly love it, I work out everyday (6-7 days a week), eat very well, drink tons of water, and make the most of what I've got. This year, my goal, take it down a notch. I'm not gonna change the good habits and discipline, just ease up a little. Maybe indulge more often in my favorite glass of wine or yummy dessert. Hey, what's the point if we don't enjoy the little things, right? Life is short. We can still lead healthy lives and enjoy them at the same time. I'd also like to help other people find the time to exercise and make healthy choices too.

For two years straight, before we added our children to our gym membership, I got up every single morning at 4:30 am to hit the gym. It was rough some days, but it was the best thing I could do for me. It was my time and it made me a better wife and mother. Now that our kiddos are part of our membership, they get in on the fun too! Exercise and a healthy lifestyle are part of our daily routine, a routine that starts with a great breakfast, see weightshapes.com It's important for us as parents to not only encourage our kids to be as active as we are, but also to have a healthy relationship with food. My grandfather always used to say, "We should eat to live, not live to eat." That has always stuck with me through my weight ups and downs over the years. A relevant point, our bodies are machines, and we should treat them as such. Weight, for most of us is a constant battle, but when you find something that works for you and your family, stick to it.

Good nutrition is the best place to start and. I've found that eating a well rounded diet, and eating oten (every couple of hours), I'm less likely to make poor choices and more likely to maintain a healthy weight. Eating a protein based breakfast has been the key to my success. To learn more about the benefits of a protein based breakfast see the weight loss blog that i mentioned earlier. So why do I love breakfast so much? When you love cardio, like I do, you know when you have not fueled your body correctly. There is nothing worse than being half way through a run and realizing your reserve tank is on empty. Or being in spin class and thinking, I've got nothing left! That's why a good, well rounded breakfast is a must. If your looking to make some changes this New Year, start from inside and work your way out. Anyone can make changes for good, when they are happy with the person they are inside. Every day is a new day and a new chance for a fresh start. Make yourself a great breakfast and let the rest fall into place. Happy Resolution Season all!