Hot Flashes & Cool Lotion


My skin is going through quite a change, as I go through "the change of life" at the age of 32. Now, I am a self professed moisture junkie from head to toe as well as a drug store beauty product addict! My husband calls me "the ultimate consumer." If I read about something in a magazine, I want to try it! Yes, I realize this is a bit obsessive, but hey, we all have our things.When I read about the new New Olay Total Effects Cooling Hydration, I thought to myself, that sounds like heaven! "Cooling and hydrating" now your speaking my language! You mean I don't need to put my head in the freezer after applying moisturizer? No. Seriously! So what is the Olay Moisturize Plus Cooling Hydration and what does it promise to do? This oil-free daily moisturizer provides 7 anti aging benefits in 1 lightweight formula, complete with vitamins and minerals and Cooling mint extract for an invigorating burst of freshness. Total Effects Plus Cooling Hydration fights 7 signs of aging by: minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, soothing dry skin with cooling moisturization, fighting dullness for a healthy-looking radiance, gently exfoliating to smooth and even skin's texture, refining to minimize the appearance of pores, with antioxidants, helps protect skin's surface from free radical damage, hydrating to firm the appearance of skin, oil-free, fast-absorbing, dermatologist-tested, non-comedogenic (won't clog pores).


Sounds good right? Well, I put it to the test for 7 days and here is what I found. Things I liked: light weight, non greasy, soothing, noticeable change in skin (over all) in 7 days, cooling, just plain feels good. Things I didn't like: The smell is a little over powering / strong on the first use. It's not a bad smell, just very flowery. But, as I used it more, I didn't notice the smell so much, I wish the bottle was bigger! But you don't need much at all. A little goes a long way. Not only did this moisturizer improve the overall look and feel of my skin, it also did what it says it will do- Imagine that! The change is by no means drastic, but my skin feels fantastic (still using the product 2x's a day). The "cooling" formula is a lot more subtle than I had expected but it is very soothing. So much so that after I apply it, I often find myself taking a deep breath and relaxing, for just a second, before I get on with my day.I also found that keeping it in the refrigerator and applying after a shower if straight up heaven. The moisture also lasts all day long and does not disappoint through my sweaty work outs and hot flashes!In short: Would I recommend this product? Absolutely! Would I buy this product in the store? Yes! I have always loved Olay products and this one is my new winter favorite!