Special Days, Special Eats


Since I am a stay at home mom I have the luxury of taking my mornings slow. Depending on my mood, or what we have going for the day, some breakfasts are more involved than others. When a holiday rolls around (any holiday both big and small) I get all excited about making "special breakfasts". All that usually means is theme flavored pancakes cut / grilled into holiday shapes. For example, the kids can't wait for fresh raspberry filled heart pancakes topped with cool whip on Valentines Day. It's a silly little tradition we've been able to enjoy the last couple years. I hope we carry it on for a long long time.This year for Halloween I can't wait to try this new recipe below. Doesn't it make your mouth water? Yummy! I thought maybe I'd add a chocolate chip or two for decoration.

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes: 2 1/3 c. bisquick, 2 tbsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. ginger, 1/3 c. pumpkin, 1 1/4 c. milk, 2 eggs, 1/4 c. vegetable oil. Beat all ingredients until smooth. Pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Cook until edges are dry and turn. Cook until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup.